There is a GME Wellness event February 18, 2020 from 11:30-1:30 in the conference center. There will be chair massages, therapy dogs, arts and crafts, a selfie station, food and more! Please drop by and feel free to share!
National Random Acts of Kindness Day – February 17th, 2020!
Celebrated on February 17th, National Random Acts of Kindness Day has grown in popularity each year. It is celebrated by individuals, groups and organizations, nationwide, to encourage acts of kindness. It is a favorite day to many, as people everywhere are enjoying doing these acts of kindness. YOU’RE A WORLD CHANGER. WE CAN TELL. JOIN THE #RAKTIVIST MOVEMENT
So, you want to be a RAKtivist™? Your awesome status and street cred just skyrocketed. RAKtivists are the limbs of our organizational body. You are the daily doers, movers and shakers; reaching out to others and not just talking the talk, but using those limbs to walk the walk.The world needs more people like you.
Office of Student Affairs Wellness Events for Early 2020
The Office of Student Affairs sponsored several events to ensure the CMSRU community starts off 2020 on the right foot!
- On Thursday, January 2, students were welcomed back to classes with free coffee or tea in the lobby from 7:30 -9:30 a.m. This is for students, faculty and staff.
- Students had the opportunity to earn Advisory College Cup Challenge Points during “Family Feud” on Thursday, January 2, 12:30-1:30 p.m., and Friday, January 3, 3-4 p.m. This is a student-only event.
- Fitness classes are returning in in 2020!
- Beginning the week of January 6, “Fitness with Emelia” will take place Mondays at 3 p.m. and Fridays at 2 p.m.
- “Zumba with Shalanda” also returns that week and will be on Thursdays at 5 p.m. Fitness classes are open to all students, faculty and staff
Wellness Website is Live
The Cooper Wellness website is now live! This site will be a repository for all materials related to the Cooper Wellness Initiative. In addition, you will find links to helpful resources, including articles and videos to help you extend your own wellness efforts. Stay tuned for more!