Emotional wellness inspires self-care, relaxation, stress reduction and the development of inner strength. It is important to be attentive to both positive and negative feelings and be able to understand how to handle these emotions. Emotional wellness also includes the ability to learn and grow from experiences. Emotional well-being encourages autonomy and proper decision making skills. It is an important part of overall wellness.
- How to Apply Mindfulness to Your Clinical Work – Mindfulness works. It can help clients reduce stress, optimize learning, and improve their relationships. Not only that, research shows that mindfulness changes the brain. But knowing what mindfulness can do, and helping clients actually put it into practice often requires skill. Mindfulness practice is simple but it isn’t always easy. So The National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavioral Medicine (NICABM) designed a program with this idea firmly in mind – and to give you expert perspectives and practical applications for working more adeptly with mindfulness in nearly every clinical circumstance, no matter what objectives you’re working toward. Read
- Four Changes to Decrease Stress – In moments of stress, it can be hard to figure out what stress management even means. Sometimes our minds can go blank when trying to figure out what to do about stress, or sometimes all the stress management techniques to choose from can be overwhelming so we end up not doing anything. [Learn More]
- Nunchi: The Korean parenting style for raising smart and successful kids. Read
- Mindfulness and Health: Seven minutes of mindfulness a day can improve mental health, Wharton study finds. Read
- What is Emotional Wellness? While this definition of emotional wellness is undeniably true, it’s incomplete. Becoming aware of what we’re feeling, understanding these emotions, and then accepting them are vital steps in developing emotional wellness and becoming emotionally healthy. Read
- UCLA Study of Kindness: New UCLA institute will study — and spread — kindness. Read.
- 7 Signs of Emotional Wellness: Have you ever wondered what it really means to be emotionally healthy? Have you ever wondered how your psychological well-being compares to others around you? Read
- Interview with Kabat-Zinn: By taking the Buddhism out of the practice, Kabat-Zinn pioneered a meditative approach used all over the world to treat pain and depression. He talks about Trump, ‘McMindfulness’ and how a 10-second vision in 1979 led to a change in the world’s consciousness. Read
- What is Mindfulness? – Jon Kabat Zinn (5 mins): https://youtu.be/HmEo6RI4Wvs
- How to Find Fulfillment: The Secret to Happiness – Karen McGregor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CH8JX1eLCE
- Be Here Now – Jon Kabat Zinn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd6ktroFf8Q
- All it Takes is just 10 mindful minutes – Andy Puddicombe (10 mins): https://youtu.be/qzR62JJCMBQ
- Self-Transformation Through Mindfulness | Dr. David Vago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nP5oedmzkM
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital Guided Meditation Links: https://davidvago.bwh.harvard.edu/how-to-meditate-links-for-guided-meditation-practice/
- 10 Tips for Getting Started with Living Compassionately [Image]