The ability to maintain a healthy quality of life that allows us to get the most out of our daily activities without undue fatigue or physical stress.
Cooper offers annual bio-metric screenings in May of each year. Further information will be available here closer to the beginning of the next round.
Walk, Talk, and Thrive at MD Anderson – Walk, Talk, and Thrive gathers cancer survivors,
caregivers, members of the community, and Cooper University Health Care employees for biweekly exercise at MD Anderson at Cooper. The program is held in collaboration with the American Cancer Society’s Team HEALE (Healthy Eating and Active Living Environments) Camden, a partnership of Camden-based health institutions dedicated to increasing awareness of the impact of healthy eating and active living on cancer risk. This occurs each Tuesday and Thursday, rain or shine, at 5:15. Details can be found in this flyer.
What to Eat (and Not Eat) When You’re Stressed – Stress and eating can go hand in hand. Food can be used to cope with stress and some food can also cause stress on the body. However, other foods can be healing and decrease the body’s stress response. [Learn More]
Most people are well aware of the countless benefits from regular exercise and the amazing effects it can have on our mental, emotional, and physical health. However, most Americans simply choose not to exercise or workout in their spare time. Learn more about the many benefits of walking and get some tips on how to easily incorporate this recommendation into your day here.
NJ Surgarfreed Campaign: Cooper current maintains a Bronze Commitment to provide and encourage water products throughout the hospital. This program will encourage Staff to Share information on Social Media, Provide Drinking Water at Meetings with Food, increase availability on vending machines with water and low calorie beverage options
Mindful Food choices
- Cafeteria / restaurant options – calorie count/healthier options, signage Mindful Menu, potential discounts for healthier food options and nutritionist in cafeteria.
- Vending machine healthier options across all Cooper facilities
Local Walking Maps/Trails
- Exit off Centennial Blvd at Main Street
- Walk up Centennial Blvd
- Make L on Main Street (The Club Condos)
- Make L on Hermitage Drive; follow the loop all the way around. You will stay on Hermitage.
- Walk past Main Street; stay on Hermitage and it will loop back around to Centennial Blvd.
- Make R on Centennial and you will come to the starting point.