Teen Health and Safety – The current COVID-19 pandemic is uncharted territory for all of us, but teenagers are especially vulnerable. Mentally and emotionally they can face personal struggles particularly during these times. In addition, we know that teenagers are often unwilling or unsure about how to ask for help. In order to be of assistance, Safety.com has published a comprehensive guide of online mental and emotional health resources that are available for teenagers to explore and pursue.
A Comic Just for Kids: How to Stay Safe From the Coronavirus – Based on a radio story that NPR education reporter Cory Turner did. He asked some experts what kids might want to know about the new coronavirus discovered in China.
Activities & Educational Resources
- Big List of 100 Free Education Websites & Companies Offering Free Lesson Plans
- 70+ Awesome Websites for Teaching & Learning Math
- Netflix: Brainchild, The Who Was? Show, Julie’s Greenroom (about the arts), Ask the StoryBots, The Magic School Bus
- Disney +: Brain Games, National Geographic
- PBS: Wild Kratts, Xavier Riddle, Reading Rainbow, Between the Lions, Peg + Cat
- Amazon Prime: Horrible Histories (for slightly older kids in late elementary, middle school)
- Originator Kids: Endless Alphabet, Endless Reader and Endless Numbers