Check out the stairwell in the Pavilion building for some climbing inspiration!
Each challenge runs from the 1st of each month to the last day of that month.
View a List of Climbers or Join Using the Form Below!
About This Initiative
The Cooper Climbers Club was started when Diana Short, Associate Clinical Director of the Emergency Department, wanted to incorporate a workout on the days she was working. She began walking the Pavilion stairs about a year ago with a co-worker. At that time, she would complete one round. This has now become habitual for her as she climbs the stairs for five rounds after most of her shifts. She believes that you should never stop challenging yourself. Climbing the stairs is economical and a great way to get your heart rate up to increase your energy level. It is so easy not to do it, but with her climbing partners she is inspiring change one step at a time.
There were many involved in the launching of both this and the original initiative, the Zenith Climb, including key support from our Senior Leadership (Bob Hockel, Tom Rubino, Beth Green, and Dr. Eric Kupersmith). Additional thanks to: Erin Connearney, CUH Facilities (Jenn O’Shea and Scott Payne), IT, Phil Fizur, Jennifer Cruz, Diana Hays, Jennifer Garefino and the entire Cooper Health and Wellness Committee for their support, assistance with coordination, and input. Enjoy weaving wellness into your day!
About the Monthly Stair Climb Challenge
- All challenges begin on the first of the month and end the last day of the month.
- Use the stairs here at Cooper, at home, or anywhere else to achieve a climb goal based on your current activity level and comfort.
- Enjoy climbing with friends and colleagues!
- Each month, simply climb as many stairs as you can.
- Each month there will be one grand prize winner and two additional prize winners.
How to Participate
- Use any mobile app to keep track of the floors/flights/stairs you climb. iOS/iPhone users can use the default free app called Health and Android users can use the free default Google app called Fit.
- See some samples below for iOS and Android, click to enlarge.
- You can use any app you would like.
- On the first day of the following month, return here and fill out the below form to tell us your name and how many flights you climbed.
- If you are one of the top climbers you will be asked to bring your app when you claim your prize to show proof of flights climbed.
iOS / Apple iPhone